You must meet all of these criteria to be eligible to enter:
- You are a woman who is living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen or has Australian residency status
- You are not an employee of Telstra, a sponsor of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards a judge or direct supplier of the Awards
- You have not been involved in the judging of the Telstra Business Women’s Awards in 2012
- If entering the Business Owner Award, your business must have been operating for at least 36 months as at Sunday 30 June 2013
- If entering the Young Business Women’s Award, you will be aged 34 years or younger as at Sunday 30 June 2013
- You were not an Award winner or finalist in the 2011 or 2012 Telstra Business Women’s Awards.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TELSTRA BUSINESS WOMEN'S AWARDS
1. The Telstra Business Women’s Awards ("Awards") are conducted by Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556 of Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney NSW, Australia.
2. In these terms and conditions of entry ("Terms"), unless otherwise stated, a reference to "you" or "your" includes you in your personal capacity and, if entering the Business Owner Award, as a representative of the business associated with your entry into the Awards.
3. By submitting an entry to the Awards:
a) you warrant that you have the capacity to enter the Awards in your personal capacity; and
b) you agree to these Terms. Instructions on how to enter and win the Awards are set out on the Awards website ("Guidelines") and form part of the Terms. Entry into the Awards is deemed acceptance of the Terms and will apply during the Term.
4. The term commences when you submit an entry into the Awards, in accordance with these Terms and ends on 31 December 2013 ("Term").
5. In order to enter the Awards and be eligible to win, you must:
a) comply with the Terms; and
b) submit your entry online by midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday 25 June 2013.
6. In order to be eligible to enter the Awards, you must meet the criteria set out in the Guidelines, including that:
a) you are a woman who:
is living in Australia and is either an Australian citizen, or has Australian residency status;
b) you are not an employee of Telstra, a sponsor of the Awards (“Sponsor”), a judge or direct supplier of the Awards;
c) you have not been involved in the judging of the Awards in 2012;
d) if entering the Business Owner Award, your business must have been operating for at least 36 months as at Sunday 30 June 2013;
e) if entering the Young Business Women’s Award, you will be aged 34 years or younger as at Sunday 30 June 2013; and
f) you were not an Award winner or finalist in the 2011 or 2012 Awards.
7. Telstra reserves the right to declare any entry ineligible if, during the Term, in the reasonable opinion of Telstra:
a) you are considered to be unable to represent or promote the Awards in a satisfactory manner;
b) you have not complied with these Terms, the Guidelines, or the entry form
is incomplete; or
c) information provided by you is deficient, false or misleading in any way.
8. The Awards comprise of the following 5 categories:
- Business Owner Award;
- Private and Corporate Sector Award;
- Community and Government Award;
- Innovation Award; and
- Young Business Women’s Award.
9. Finalists in each of the Award categories listed in clause 8 will be eligible to win that Award for their State/Territory. Only the winners of the Business Owner Award, Private and Corporate Sector Award and the Community and Government Award will be able to win the Telstra Business Woman of the Year Award for their State/Territory.
10. Category winners in each State/Territory will be eligible to represent themselves at the Australian final in their respective category. Only winners of the overall Telstra Business Woman of the Year in each State/Territory will be eligible to be named the 2013 Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year.
PROMOTION AND SPONSORSHIP
11. Subject to clause 26 you give Telstra and the Sponsors permission to market products and services to you as they see fit during the Term.
12. The information contained in the Awards Survey that may be sent to you to complete may also be used by Telstra, or a Sponsor to promote the Awards and to market their products and services that may be of interest to you.
13. You will attend all Award presentation events in which you qualify as a finalist, and other Awards events as notified to you by Telstra including all business workshops and interviews and be available to assist in publicising the Awards as required by Telstra and the relevant Sponsor for the event in which you are a finalist, unless in exceptional circumstances, with Telstra’s agreement.
14. If you are an Award winner, you will be available for promotional appearances during the Term for Telstra and the relevant Sponsors (“Promotional Appearances”). The Promotional Appearances will promote the Awards, and to a reasonable extent Telstra (including its products or services), and the Sponsors (including its products or services) and:
a) during each Promotional Appearance you must, if requested, verbally endorse the Telstra Group or the relevant Sponsor for the event in which you are the winner;
b) Telstra, or the Sponsor must give the Award Winner at least 7 days notice of the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance. In recognition of your busy schedule, Telstra, and the Sponsors, will ensure that the time, date and location of each Promotional Appearance does not unreasonably interfere with your business commitments; and
c) for each requested Promotional Appearance, the party requesting the appearance will pay the reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for you.
15. During the Term, Telstra or the Sponsors may use:
a) your personal identity anywhere in the world in any advertisement or other material in any media which promotes the Awards or the products or services of Telstra, or the Sponsor;
b) if you are entering the Business Owner Award - your business logo, your business identity and your personal identity anywhere in the world in any advertisement or other material in any media which promotes the Awards or the products or services of Telstra, or the Sponsor; and
c) details about you and, if you are a Business Owner, your business in printed, electronic and internet-based media (as Telstra, or the Sponsor considers appropriate) in promoting the Awards and the products and services of Telstra and the Sponsors during the Term, without compensation to you. Prior to using your business identity, or your personal identity, or details about you or your business (as the case may be), Telstra or the Sponsor will obtain your prior approval, which you will not unreasonably withhold.
16) By entering the Awards you agree to allow Telstra and the Sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the Awards and to take photos or video footage of you ("Materials"). In relation to the Materials:
a) Telstra and the Sponsors may use it for their future promotional and marketing purposes. Telstra and the Sponsors may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials at any time, anywhere, and by any means;
b) Telstra, and the Sponsors may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
c) you acknowledge that, by entering the Awards, you grant to Telstra and the Sponsor on creation of the Materials a world wide, royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
d) you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of your moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
e) you waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia (as the case may be); and
f) you agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of your Moral Rights in the Materials.
17. At any time during the Term, Telstra reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms.
18. If you or (if you are a Business Owner), your business is involved in any conduct or activity that:
a) is illegal;
b) is fraudulent;
c) may harm the Awards, Telstra, or their name or reputation; or
d) breaches these Terms,
Telstra may, in its discretion, withdraw any award and associated prizes that you have received. If requested by Telstra, you agree to no longer publically promote yourself or your business (if relevant) as being associated with the Awards, Telstra, or the Sponsors. To avoid doubt, this clause survives the expiration of these Terms.
19. If Telstra is unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, Telstra reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. Telstra accepts no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
20. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Telstra accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received by Telstra for any reason.
22. All entry submissions are the property of Telstra. As the Awards are a competition, unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback on your individual entry submission. However, information from entries may be aggregated to provide generic feedback to all entrants.
23. Telstra, in their sole discretion, have the right to alter or cancel part or all of the Awards at any time.
24. Telstra will not be liable for and expressly excludes liability to you for any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from the Awards, including the breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
25. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Terms and conditions of use apply to the prizes, and all prizes must be claimed by 30 June 2014.
26. Telstra collects personal information about Australian entrants in the Awards and, where appropriate, awards prizes. If the personal information requested is not provided, the entrant cannot participate in the Awards. By participating in the Awards, you confirm that you consent, until such time as you withdraw your consent by giving notice to Telstra, to Telstra using, and disclosing your personal information to Telstra’s related entities, Telstra’s agencies, the Sponsors and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Awards, for use for the following purposes:
a) administering the Awards;
b) improving Telstra's, its related entities' or Sponsors' products and services;
c) contacting you in the future for Telstra's, Telstra's related entities' or Sponsor's marketing purposes via any medium including mail, telephone (regardless of whether the entrant is registered on the Do Not Call Register) and commercial electronic messages (SMS, MMS, Instant Messaging and email) or any other media; and
d) in Telstra’s and its agencies case, the purposes set out in Telstra’s Privacy Statement which is available at www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy_statement.html or by calling 1800 039 059.
If you wish to gain access to, update or correct any personal information held by Telstra or withdraw your consent to receive further marketing material from Telstra about Telstra’s products and services, you may do so by calling Telstra on 1800 039 059. If you wish to opt out of receiving Awards material or further marketing material from Sponsors, or request that your personal information not be disclosed to Sponsors, you may do so by calling the Telstra Awards Team on 1800 817 536 and quoting your Awards reference number.
27. By entering the Awards you agree to submit to the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place and the courts of appeal from them.